Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Subaru Outback H6-3.0 35th Anniversary Edition
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

Is it possible to replace the OEM stereo from my 2004 35th anniversary OBW with one from a newer OBW? I'm trying to figure out what I should do to be able to play music from my phone to the car. Thanks!

·
Registered
Fresh Out of Outbacks!
14,499 Posts
Talk to the nice folks at crutchfield.com. I don't know the specifics of the '04 anniversary edition, but it can't be any harder than it was in the '05-'09 limiteds...

·
Premium Member
2004 Outback Wagon, Mystic Blue Pearl
4,940 Posts
You can definitely put a newer aftermarket stereo in there, I did and am very happy with it. As for putting the stereo from a newer Outback in your car, no. The design of the interior changed in 2005 and the single DIN style stereos were axed for an integral unit that's built into the center stack that would not be transferable into an earlier model.

·
Gallery Ninja, ,
2004 Outback "Bluebaru" & 2005 Outback XT
5,192 Posts
You can definitely put a newer aftermarket stereo in there, I did and am very happy with it. As for putting the stereo from a newer Outback in your car, no. The design of the interior changed in 2005 and the single DIN style stereos were axed for an integral unit that's built into the center stack that would not be transferable into an earlier model.
Hey John, you are still active on the board! Hoorah!

In my 04 wagon, thanks to my rides previous owner, it has a nice double din Kenwood touch screen stereo. It integrates best with an iDevice, but I can stream any audio out of my Android (just no video unfortunately).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts