Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Outback of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Test drove a used Gen 1 today that had a power outlet flap instead of a cigarette lighter, and a cubbyhole instead of the ashtray.

Anyone know where I can get the cubby? Planning on buying a Gen 2 and I want to throw away the ashtray and cigarette lighter, permanently. I never plan to smoke in the car, or let anyone else do so. I'll replace the cigarette lighter with a plug-in 12V emergency light, but have no idea where to look for the non-smoker cubby.

Amazon.com: Coast 7575 Rechargeable Flashlight Auto LED: Home Improvement

·
Registered
2008 Ford Escape XLS - 2002 Subaru Outback
246 Posts
This would be something you'd custom make. Depending on how good you are with your hands and creating things the possiblity is endless. On ideas, why not install a power inverter behind there and run a household plug in and just build a delete box type thing. I like the ash try as it's a good place to store a cell phone when being charged and/or loose change. You could quite possibly build a simple cover out of fiberglass.

·
Registered
2002 Outback Wagon 2.5L Auto Weather Package
1,971 Posts
The ashtray was gone in my car when I got it. I bought a brand spanking new one from Subaru and its a great place to store more stuff.

·
Registered
01 Outback H6 VDC, 97 GT wgn w/ ej22, 98 OBW w/ej22
1,401 Posts
i would look on subarupartsforyou.com or subarugenuineparts.com (or similar online dealer) and look at ''accessories'' like roof rack baskets and other subaru stuff.. i bought a used one for my late 90s outback. i don't know the ''new'' part name or number but they are out there.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I just broke the ash try the inside part and made it a little drawer for money and the cig lighter charges my cell phone..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts