Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hoping the knowledgable folks here can help. Took the 2005 2.5 turbo to the dealer for 60K mile service. Dealer says plug from harness to coil is broken and thus the entire engine wiring harness needs to be replaced for $600 plus. Is this common? anyone else ever had this issue. Can't the wiring be "spliced"
Thanks

·
Registered
2015 2.5i Limited Carbide Gray
832 Posts
I can't comment if it's common but I would check out local junkyards for a plug and either repin it (if it's just the plastic) or just splice it. As long as you use some common sense I wouldn't see any issue with it.

·
Registered
OBW H6 VDC, Tribeca, XT6
12,385 Posts
LOL!!! LOL!!!! that's hysterical. just splice in a used connector, that is an unheard of failure, something had to cause it. $600!!!
can i come visit - i'll do it for half their price - $300.

it's only like 80's era Subaru's where connectors start getting brittle and failing or getting corrossion up inside of them and the wiring insulation, something happened to that connector - someone placed something on it, didn't know how to remove it, etc.

get a used one and splice it in for a few dollars, it will never cause an issue for the life of the vehicle if it's done properly.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts