Subaru Outback Forums banner

81 - 87 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Outback premium. Tungsten metallic.
251 Posts
I mainly use my horn to tell people to get their bloomin' backsides moving when the light turns green. "Beep" sounds more polite than "Honk". Given the fact that I can just about change a light bulb, I'll leave the horn alone.
Actually, the only upgrade I'd like is whitewall tires. I'm a child of the 1950s, and I miss them (My first car was a '53 Mercury).

·
Registered
2016 Subaru Outback Limited, 2.5l CVT
10 Posts
Yes. Truely the only thing I don't like about my 16 Outback. I really liked the sound of the horns I had on my previous car. 06 Chrysler Town & Country. Lots of those in the bone yard. I should get a pair of them.

·
Registered
2012 Outback 2.5 Premium
2 Posts
Since most drivers totally ignore sirens and lights on a emergency vehicle, do you think they'll pay attention to a average car horn? Probably why Subaru didn't spend much $$ on it.

I think you'd need an electric train horn to get most drivers to stop texting and pay attention to their driving.
I have an electric train horn activated by a remote control. Use it most often at my boys High School football games. It is AWESOME to watch people turn heads to look at empty Subaru with High School flags on it seemingly blow horn by magic as our kids score! I can activate it about 500 feet away. LOVE IT! Horn came off old diesel train

·
Registered
2019 Wilderness Green Outback 3.6R Touring
5 Posts
Did the PIAA 330/400 upgrade today. After fiddling in frustration for an hour under the car trying to break those tiny 10mm bolts free from their flimsy brackets, I bit the bullet and took the whole front bumper off after watching a YouTube how-to. Turned out to be a great decision. Had the front off in 10 minutes taking my time and I am a complete novice. The horns were right in front of me and could position and mount them perfectly.

And really happy with the frequency and noise level.

·
Registered
2019 Outback
746 Posts
I thought it was the law that you have to install Hella Supertones in every Subaru....

I just got a ‘19. It sounds like the horn is in the cabin.

·
Registered
2017 Carbide Gray Metallic Subaru Outback 3.6R Limited, 2014 Venetian Red Subaru Outback 3.6R Limited (sold), 2011 Ruby Red Pearl 3.6R Outback Limited (sold)
181 Posts
Did the PIAA 330/400 upgrade today. After fiddling in frustration for an hour under the car trying to break those tiny 10mm bolts free from their flimsy brackets, I bit the bullet and took the whole front bumper off after watching a YouTube how-to. Turned out to be a great decision. Had the front off in 10 minutes taking my time and I am a complete novice. The horns were right in front of me and could position and mount them perfectly.

And really happy with the frequency and noise level.
I thought the oem horns in my '17 6cyl had two wires going to it. Turns out its just one wire going to it. So I imagine you had to use the extra wire they provide in the box and ground it to the car frame?

·
Registered
2019, Subaru Outback Limited 3.6R
634 Posts
I followed Brucey’s video instructions and installed pair of Hella SuperTones n my 2019 using OEM harness and brackets.

81 - 87 of 87 Posts