Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Outback, 2.5L EJ251 engine, 193K miles
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally installed a new upstream O2 sensor to solve a P0032 code, the engine idles great now, but the transmission is shifting hard, holding onto 1st gear too long. I am also getting AT oil temp flashing. Before I changed the O2 sensor, the car shifted fine and there was no AT oil temp issues. I have driven the car less than a mile.

I've disconnected the battery, stepped on the brakes several times and turned on and off the key several times attempting to drain of any residual power to reset the ECU. 190K on the EJ25 SOHC engine, new head gaskets, heads surfaced, timing kit. I though this upstream O2 replacement would be my last step in refreshing the car.

Anyone else had issues like this, suggestions are appreciated.

·
Registered
2003 Outback, 2.5L EJ251 engine, 193K miles
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I wanted to get back on this post and tell everyone what I found. The tranny situation had nothing to do with the new O2 Sensor. I found I had not tightened down the bolt on the ground cable for the transmission TCU just behind the throttle body. Once I tightened that bolt down everything went back to normal. No more AT errors, shifts were great, and the engine ran great. That is one important ground cluster...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts