Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
how much extra do I pay if I don't have my Key ID for my FOB for my 2013 OB SAP? I was registering my car on mysubaru.com, and there was a section to input my key id. like a retard, i couldn't remember why i needed to keep the key ring w/ the id tags, and threw them away (sigh).

If i do get a replacement, should i buy 2 of them to save money? someone told me buying the first one incurs most of the cost of setting up the key, and buying the 2nd key doesnt add that much more to the total cost.

thanks

·
Registered
'11 Outback 2.5i CVT - '06 Forester X 5MT
1,766 Posts
I don't believe the actual ID tags should cost much. The actual replacement key is going to be pricey. But I wouldn't buy one until you need it. I've had 3 Subarus with them and never used them once, but I haven't lost a key either ;)

I'd send them a message via mysubaru or talk to your local dealer to see. AFAIK they can do everything with your VIN that they can do with those tags.

Now if you are talking an actual KEY, then it will be $100+, but I believe the car can only recognize 4 keys, which means you can only add 1 extra key. If you have remote start it takes the 4th place and you can only have 3 actual keys (the original 2 + valet).

·
Registered
2013 OB 2.5i Premium/DDD Graphite Gray Metallic OP#2 Weathertec Window Deflectors
405 Posts
Hi,
how much extra do I pay if I don't have my Key ID for my FOB for my 2013 OB SAP? I was registering my car on mysubaru.com, and there was a section to input my key id. like a retard, i couldn't remember why i needed to keep the key ring w/ the id tags, and threw them away (sigh).

If i do get a replacement, should i buy 2 of them to save money? someone told me buying the first one incurs most of the cost of setting up the key, and buying the 2nd key doesnt add that much more to the total cost.

thanks
It seems your having a lot of trouble, with just about everything, how about the windows??????

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It seems your having a lot of trouble, with just about everything, how about the windows??????
haha i know, this car has some bad juju for some reason. no luck w/ the window, taking it in to get it looked at next week. it wasn't the window lock that was preventing it from opening/closing...Just sucks going thru all of this with first car i've bought in 12 yrs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts