Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to the local dealer to inquire and was informed i need to replace the entire panel to get that seal which has rotten. And the panel comes unpainted as well! What a hassle just for a strip of rubber.

has anyone found a generic/aftermarket solution?

·
Registered
2011 SSM Outback 2.5i Premium
2,045 Posts
Have a junkyard nearby? Most collisions are front-end, leaving this area generally undisturbed.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have the same issue on my 2009 FSTI and new to me 2010 Outback 3.6. I'm going to try removing the panel and cleaning off the old gasket material then using silicone for a new seal. That trim piece is $200+

·
Registered
2010 Outback Limited 2.5L
31 Posts
Ask for this part. I replaced mine with the panel in place using a plastic trim panel tool that has a 45° angel on one end. If I had to do it again I would remove the panel to replace it. It would be much more easy to get the old double stick tape glue and set the new strip in place.

Part Number: 91713AJ000

Fits 2010-14.

See attached . . .

Attachments

·
Registered
2010 2.5 CVT Premium
1,226 Posts
As shown, it is available separately. The trick is removing the rear garnish or hatch cover without breaking anything.
Btw, any water that goes past that seal just drains right out without ever going into the cavity of the hatch. It all stays outside.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts