Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The tires were last changed at around 50K. Now it's over 90k and even though there's thread left, I am beginning to look for new tires. Currently, I have a set of Goodyear Assurance TripleTred. They were better than the stock. Recently I went through tirerack and consumer report and notice that the top tire appears to be Michelin CrossClimate+, which isn't available for the outback, but there is a CrossClimate SUV model based on an earlier compound. Does anyone have experience with this tire? How is the snow handling and road noise, and wear?

Paul

·
Registered
27 Posts
My local DT store felt that this particular read design was prone to hydroplaning as the tire would wear, or something like that. I stayed with Nokian WRG4s. I've consistently gotten 53-54k miles from those with 4/32 tread left when changing over. Not sure where you live or where you drive, as YMMV....

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2014 Subaru Outback 2.5 Premium
470 Posts
I have used Michelins on most of my previous cars and currently on my OB and I have to say they last a long time and perform good for me in all weather. I stick with them because they haven't let me down. I had a set on a 98 Buick Century and they lasted for 80,000 miles and still had tread. Got me through in snow very well and that wasn't even AWD.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I just put Kumho Crugen HT51 on my 2010 2.5i. They look just like a Michelin and are 70000 mile tires and are rated excellent in rain and snow. Even have 3 peak mountain snowflake. I went from 215 70 r 16 to 225 70 r 16 to correct my speedometer. These things are quiet. I got from Amazon for about 90/tire.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts