Subaru Outback Forums banner

Replacing 2011 nav with the new 2013 nav

1053 Views 1 Reply 2 Participants Last post by  lashlee
Without question, the 2011 DVD nav is horrible. It is my understanding that the new 2013 SD card nav is an improvement. (Why they don't work as well as my $150 Garmin I will never understand).

Does anyone know if the new 2013 system will fit into a 2011 dash and if so, the approximate cost to make the switch? It looks as though it would, but I need an expert to confirm that.

I would like to find a dealer who can do that.

Thanks.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2015 2.5i Limited Carbide Gray
832 Posts
It may take some additional harnesses but I don't see why not. One other thing to look into is whether or not if the GPS antenna is the same style of plug. The only thing that I don't think would be a direct install would be the steering wheel controls. I don't know if they used the same plug for accessories/SWC connections over the years.

For the amount of money (especially since the '13 unit would probably have to be sourced from the dealer) I would think that an aftermarket option would much cheaper and simpler.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.