Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im getting ready to replace the ac compressor clutch in my 2002 Outback, LL Bean edition with the 3.0 motor. Are there any special tools ( e.g. a puller for the gear) or precautions I should take? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. brucem:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Bruce,

I just replaced the rev sensor on the A/C compressor for my 2002 LL Bean. Alternator will have to come off to take the compressor off, not sure if you plan on taking the compressor off to swap clutch.

FYI, my clutch was not engaging. Found a service bulliten about the rev sensor and replaced that. A/C is running now.

Will

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
AC. clutch compressor replacement

Will- Thanks for getting back to me. Mine is also a 2002 not 2001. My clutch is engaging intermittently. It will go for a week then stop. If I spray it with WD 40 and whack it with a hammer it goes again,:confused: sometimes a day sometimes an hour. It's getting worse. I had it diagnosed at a shop and they said it was the clutch. Of course they wanted to sell me a compressor, evaporator, two used bicycles and a bowling ball collection. I declined. I got some useful info from a Forester forum if the two are compatible. Thanks for your help, I'll let you know what transpires. brucem

1 - 3 of 3 Posts