Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2011 OBW 3.6R
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2005 Outback xT has had problems with the driver window for the past year or so. Now when I want it to go up or down it's horribly slow. I'm guessing this means the window motor is on it's way out.

Has anyone replaced a motor before? How much of a pain is it? e.g. is there a lot of monkeying around to get alignment in right?

dealership wants $165 for the labor (1.6 hours) plus $250 for the part but i can likely do the work myself

·
Registered
18,719 Posts
No direct experience but the service manual directions do make it seem complicated (depending on one's level of "sensitivity"). Steps include, remove interior door trim, remove window glass, remove regulator assembly from door, remove motor assembly from regulator assembly. Reverse for installation, with the addition of adjustment of the window (alignment).

At $250 for the part itself, are you sure it's the motor, and not something else, such as mechanical binding, or low voltage to the motor due to bad connections or contacts?

I seem to recall there was a discussion here some time ago about changing the motor. Have you searched the forums?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts