Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Our 4th of July contest is live! Enter HERE for your chance to win a $400 Walmart gift card.
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Outback of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought an '05 LL Bean that had an HID conversion. I know nothing about where the kit from and when it was installed. Just had a passenger bulb burn out and went to change it, never having changed an HID before and to my surprise, there was a lot more going on. I think I figured it out but was wanting to know if anyone had any suggestions as to what is a good bulb? I plan to replace them both and do I need to replace the ballast or just the bulbs, using the existing ballast? Do the H7 bulbs already come with all the wires attached so just plug and play?

·
Meh.
I has wagons.
12,345 Posts
Ditch the HID crap and put back lights that were designed for the lens.

·
Registered
Fresh Out of Outbacks!
14,475 Posts
H7 bulbs have an open axial connector with two male terminals on the back. The car headlight harnesses end in a round block with embedded female terminals to match the back of the bulb.

Your connectors and some length of original wire may have been removed when the HIDs were added.

·
Meh.
I has wagons.
12,345 Posts
No, but stock was not designed for HID bulbs. Good for you awful for everyone else on the road.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts