Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
found the following info on how to program keyless entry remote. would this work with one from ebay. $30,00/free delivery. 2000 subaru legacy.

c/p

8. Program remotes: works on Alpine system.
Unlock all doors, foot on brake, all doors closed. Cycle key quickly but carefully on-off appr 10 times until the car honks one time.
Do not turn the key far enough to start the car, just to the 'on' position so the dashboard lights up.
When the horn honks, open and close the driver's door, press any remote button and that's it.
Program another remote? Quickly open and close the driver's door again and push a button on the 2nd remote. That's it.
When you're done, remove the key and the horn should honk 3 times. You're all set.
Sometime it takes more than 10 on-offs to set program mode. Open/close the door, lock/unlock etc, wait 10 minutes, then try again.

thanks

stickman161

·
Registered
2017 2.5 Outback Ltd
15 Posts
Many Thanks!

After reading this thread, I bought a used OEM remote on Ebay. I was able to program it on the 1st attempt. Total cost was $27.99. The Subaru dealer wanted $86.95 + tax + $50.00 to program it after making an appointment.

Thanks again

·
Premium Member
(formerly) 03 H6 OBW , (presently) 06 WRX Sportwagon & 2021 Honda CR-V
18,656 Posts
After reading this thread, I bought a used OEM remote on Ebay. I was able to program it on the 1st attempt. Total cost was $27.99. The Subaru dealer wanted $86.95 + tax + $50.00 to program it after making an appointment.

Thanks again

do some FCC numbers on the back have to be 'matched' to the replacement?

mind sharing which ebay seller you used?

thanx

·
Registered
2017 2.5 Outback Ltd
15 Posts
do some FCC numbers on the back have to be 'matched' to the replacement?

mind sharing which ebay seller you used?

thanx
RemoteWholesale is the buyer's ID on Ebay. Not sure about matching the FCC #, but I made sure that both the part & FCC #s matched.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts