Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
Venetian Red Pearl 2015 Outback 2.5i Ltd named "Aphrodite"
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am needing (now/soon) to replace my OB's OEM tires. Looking up tires for it (@TireRack & CR), I see 3 that make my list: 2 are the usual suspects. But, one is novel: Pirelli P Zero All Season Plus. Spec's and ratings look good for my climate and driving habits. The only Subaru review that I found on them is by a 2011 Legacy sedan owner.

Does anyone have experience with THESE PARTICULAR tires? And if so, what year are your tires? TireRack reviewed the reformulated, 2016 version. Thank you!

·
Premium Member
Venetian Red Pearl 2015 Outback 2.5i Ltd named "Aphrodite"
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well I went ahead and bought the Pirelli's because the rain was coming and I did not want to be driving in the worn OEMs. By the end, the Bridgestones were loud and "truckish."

I picked the Pirelli's based on the great reviews I saw online at multiple websites, and because of the list of cars that they are OE on. They are comfortable and yet stiff enough. I am surprised that they are low rolling resistance. I didn't remember reading that, but I knew it as soon as I traveled 30 feet in them.

First impressions after a few days of driving in dry and wet conditions:
- Dry: quiet, nimble and surefooted
- Wet: quiet, in full control even at high speeds.

My cars over the years have alternated between sports/2-seater cars and practical ones. I'll let you figure out which one Aphrodite, my Outback, is. There's no snow here, but it does rain so I've used all seasons as my winter tires on the sport cars and these are already proving to be some of the best I've driven on. I'm happy.

·
Registered
Fresh Out of Outbacks!
14,499 Posts
Thanks for the update!

I have Michelin Pilot Sport AS3 now and they're getting a little short in the tread, probably a next summer thing. That particular Pirelli was at the top of my list to consider. The Michelins have been wonderful and I see the new version ranked right above or right below those Pirellis on several rating charts, so I reckon they're truly similar.

·
Registered
OBW H6 VDC, Tribeca, XT6
12,385 Posts
The only Subaru review that I found on them is by a 2011 Legacy sedan owner.
I've always wanted better reviews of them as well. For average and below use, I've always expected them to perform and feel nicer than average.

With terrible roads and winter conditions in mind, my anecdotal, circumstantial, unquantified, data lacking, nearly irrelevant assumption over the years comes from seeing pirelli's on garaged Buicks, garage queen German cars and perceived light duty use. don't seem to see them on construction site workers, gravel back roads, challenging winter conditions, type vehicles. there are multiple reasons for that, not just performance, but that puts a low ceiling on the reviews, so i've just avoided them in favor of ones with more robust "data".

1 - 6 of 6 Posts