Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Outback 3.6R Premium
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the first damage to my Outback, it hurts :mad: The sad thing is that it happened when I pulled out of my own driveway :( ARGH!!!!

Anyone have experience repairing or replacing this? It seem like the plastic housing that the mirror is attached to is broken. The mirror is fine and control it with the powered knob. I'm trying to buy the parts myself to fix but there are like 4+ different parts just for the side mirrors. Anyone know if there is just a kit that I can buy? or I have to just buy all the parts separately? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I don't want to walk into the dealership blind with this.

·
Registered
2013 OB 2.5i Premium/DDD Graphite Gray Metallic OP#2 Weathertec Window Deflectors
405 Posts
Did you try a junk yard, you'll save money even if you have to buy the whole mirror.

·
Registered
2011 OB 2.5i Prem CVT HK/AWP, Ruby Red Pearl
3,321 Posts
subaruonlineparts<O:p</O:p
Outer cover, Paint to match Left<O:p</O:p
Customer needs to Paint to match<O:p</O:p
List Price: $44.95, Your Price: $33.71

Not bad. Looks like part of a sub-assy, but you don’t have to buy the entire mirror. You’ll re-use your front painted cover and just install the new lip/surround.<O:p</O:p
Verify with the dealer.<O:p</O:p

·
Registered
2012 Legacy 2.5GT-L
314 Posts
^^^^^
Incorrect part - that's the painted cover, which looks to be ok - the part with the edge broken off is the main mirror body - list is $99.95

·
Registered
'13 Outback 3.6R Limited
352 Posts
A current member that goes by "Peaty" made a retrofit thread: Here. MY10 came with a fixed housing vs. MY11-present have a foldable ones. You will have to register on scoobymods to view pictures.

·
Registered
2011 SSM Outback 2.5i Premium
2,103 Posts
You mean $100+ more...
If a single mirror lists for $100, the $155.96 for the folding kit on the link I posted is around $50 more. The same site lists the non-folding left mirror w/o heat for $75, so you'd be closer to correct when compared to that.

·
Registered
2015 Subaru Outback Premium | 2007 Outback 2.5i
345 Posts
Check with Oak Leaf Auto Salvage, they might be able to find one from a salvage vehicle.

·
Registered
'13 Outback 3.6R Limited
352 Posts
Ahh I see now...post #4 also had pricing. I only saw post#3...happens when skimming through posts quickly. Oh well

1 - 12 of 12 Posts