Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Outback 2.5 SE (UK spec)
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I finally got around to ordering some new front roll bar drop links for my 2005 outback. Both left and right... It looks a straight forward job to do... Can any of you have done it or have a work sheet post up the steps I should follow. What is the correct torque for tightening the nuts?

Hope that will stop my clunking noise over small repetitive bumps.

Thanks in advance

James:29:

·
Registered
02 OBW
131 Posts
I won't be much help on the torque specs/procedure... But, are you planning to replace the bushings as well? I haven't gotten around to it yet, but after some prodding around I feel like the light clunking on my '02 is from the bushings, not the end-links.

·
Registered
2005 Outback 2.5 SE (UK spec)
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just doing the links for now as I'm quite positive that's my problem... My car has only done 75,000miles so hoping the bushes are still fine. Time will tell once I get in and about checking and changing the links

·
Registered
2008 Outback 2.5i AT
202 Posts
It is pretty straight forward. I just did this last summer and the hardest part is getting the old ones off. I had sprayed them down with liquid wrench the day before and still had to cut two of the four nuts off. I replaced my fronts with kartboy and no more rattle. I did not torque mine as the kit came with lock nuts and I just tightened them up good.

Good luck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts