Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2013 XV Crosstrek
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How does one go about reprogramming the keyfob unlock button on a '05 Subby to unlock all doors with one push. I find the double push annoying to unlock the passenger side doors and wondering if anybody knows how to reprogram it.

My Toyota has this same feature and I know the way to reprogram this so I figure Subaru probably has some way for us to do this too...

Jay

·
Registered
2013 XV Crosstrek
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anybody? Should I dare ask Subaru?

There has got to be a way, I know the way for my Toyota is convulated and silly (one has to open and shut the door like 3 times all while doing other things like turning the igntion on and off to ACC and other stuff. Really weird.)

Jay

·
Registered
151 Posts
Couldn't hurt to ask your dealer. The auto-locking feature on my father's 96 Taurus had the detailed instructions in the manual (turn the car off and on 10 times, close the door, click your heels 3 times etc.) but my sister's 00 Windstar manual says "auto locking can be turned off - by your dealer".

At least you have remote locking - wasn't available on my 02 OBS. I also noticed that unlike other Japanese cars w/o remote locks, I can only lock/unlock one door with the key - I'm used to "turn once to unlock the driver door, twice to unlock all doors" and locking with key locks ALL doors, not just driver door. oh well, I'll be adding a remote starter and will add remote locking then...

-Peter

·
Registered
Formerly 04 Outback 3.0R VDC, now 2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS DiD
1,617 Posts
Just ask your dealer, it should be something they do for free.. Aussie versions unlock all doors at once by default.. I know the dealer can reprogram a lot on the car, including the way the auto does it's shifts...

·
Registered
2013 XV Crosstrek
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I asked Subaru via the My Subaru website and their official response was "no, it can't be done"... Baloney! So I guess I'll go ask a dealer!

Jay

·
Registered
MY04 OBS
30 Posts
I just posted a question about this in the Electrical section here.

There is a mod on the Scoobymods website for this...but you've got to do some wiring, it's not as simple as reprogramming the remote.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts