Subaru Outback Forums banner

reset stereo to factory settings?

32K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  vr4Legacy 
#1 ·
I am having an issue with bluetooth and my iPhone 5. It worked perfectly with my 4S, but I got a 5 yesterday and reset everything. Connected no problem, but every time I turn the car off and on, I have to hit the connect button in iOS settings.

I have removed the phone and tried again from scratch with no luck. There is no option in iOS to have it auto connect, thats the default action once they have been connected with a pass key before (according to apple employee at the apple store).

So if this is the case, it could be something on the Subaru side of things, as I have read in another thread of someone having the same issues with an Android phone.

I checked the manual, could not find anything about reseting the stereo to factory settings, ie cleaning it out, bringing it to the settings when I picked it up new from the dealer. Is there a key command to do this?

#3 ·
I can only comment to the iOS and iPhone5 question. I had my 3Gs paired to my home phone and it would reconnect everytime I was in range. Repaired my iPhone 5 and never had a problem. It reconnects automatically everytime. I've had it for over a month now and never had a connection problem. So I doubt it's the iPhone. I would turn it off and back on though just to be sure.

As far a resetting the factory stereo.. disconnect the battery for a couple minutes.. You can turn the iginition on with it disconnected to fully drain the system.

GL

#5 ·
re-paired... as in paired my home phone to my iPhone again. It has "Link-2-Cell" so I can link it via bluetooth and have my cell calls forwarded to my home phone.

I guess repair is a poor word choice lol.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.