Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
'15 STi and '13 GTI
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This morning I put gas in the Outback and, as usual, I reset the tripometer.

When I started the car the radio came on and all I heard was static. All my FM1 presets were cleared out.

My XM presets were still saved and my phone still paired with bluetooth. So it wasn't a complete reset, just the FM1 presets. I don't use FM2/3 or AM1 so no clue if they reset too.

I've reset the A tripometer 27 times since I bought the car and this has never happened. FWIW I have never reset the B tripometer.

Has this weirdness happened to anyone else?

·
Registered
2010 Outback 2.5i CVT Premium
67 Posts
I've never had this happen in my Outback, but it did happen on certain occasions with my old Honda Prelude. It was the first indication that the battery was losing capacity and was about to fail. The car would start fine, but the voltage dip caused the radio presets and clock to clear. It happened for every battery ever installed in that car; as the battery reached the end of its life the radio presets would clear.
I don't know if this is related to your situation (your car is almost new), but it might be worth checking the battery and connections.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport. Love the Orange.
4,016 Posts
........Has this weirdness happened to anyone else?
Yep, Although I think the trip reset was a coincidence. My '11 did it twice. Once upon starting the other driving down the road. Both times the radio crackled and made a loud pop and went dead. Same results as you. Each time was on a different input. Both were in the first few months with no repeat for over a year until I traded it. Go figure.:confused:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts