Subaru Outback Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2017 Outback without nav and without HK. I'd like to replace the HU with an aftermarket one to allow the use of Android Auto. However, I would also like to keep the factory backup camera. Is there a solution to do so? Crutchfield says there wiring harnesses to keep backup camera and steering wheel buttons do not work on the 2017 Outback, but the harness does work on the 2017 Forester. Are the internals of the two cars similar enough to where I can make it work on the Outback?

·
Registered
51 Posts
2015 here, just replaced the HU with aftermarket and got everything connected EXCEPT backup camera. I posted this question on another thread from someone who has a 2016 and took it in and had a new system installed and the BU camera worked

We don't know how the install was done though, so we don't know what is needed. I was hoping the Maestro would have that input but I think it doesn't? I really don't want to use an aftermarket BU camera... so let's hope someone on here has the solution for us!

If nobody has an answer I think I may try this custom harness maker where you tell the car and the application and they make a harness for you but I can't find the link!!! I will keep looking...

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2017 Outback without nav and without HK. I'd like to replace the HU with an aftermarket one to allow the use of Android Auto. However, I would also like to keep the factory backup camera. Is there a solution to do so? Crutchfield says there wiring harnesses to keep backup camera and steering wheel buttons do not work on the 2017 Outback, but the harness does work on the 2017 Forester. Are the internals of the two cars similar enough to where I can make it work on the Outback?
I have a 2016 Outback with nav but no HK and I just replaced the head unit with a pioneer 4500nex. Using Mastero I retained the Back up camera and OEM settings within the radio.The OEM features that I couldn’t retain are features that were replaced within the new head unit. Navigation, SiriusXM etc. I also can’t use the stock USB.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.