Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
'00 Outback H6, '08 BMW 335i
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Pleased to say i'm back in the Outback owners club.

After just about a year of loosing my original '01 Outback, i've purchased another because I missed them so much!

Well in saying that, I have brought another JDM Outback (the Lancaster so it's called)

This one has over 320,000km on the clock, and she drives somewhat better than my previous Outback which only had 118,000km on the clock!

Paid $2,800 NZD for this, and while she's messy cosmetic wise, i'm happy to spend time tidying her up...

Mods / touches so far include:
- Replaced & fixed rear taillights on centre tail-gate that were rusted out
- Added & installed cargo blind
- Fixed rear dog-net (not that I use it but looks nice up)
- Tinted windows to 35% (fronts) and rear-pax / boot 20% VLT
- New Subaru Air Filter
- Replaced McIntosh unit with tidier one (knobs missing on original)
- Fixed centre cup-hold pop-up
- Replaced ALL accessory switch illumination lights so I can see them at night

To Do:
- Add Lancaster6 & VDC badging back onto vehicle tailgate
- Add Spoiler to rear tail-gate (or does it look better without)
- Possibly replace rear cargo area cladding as it's badly scratched
- Add a few missing & broken bits in
- Wire in a Outback facelift VDC OFF switch somehow to this non-facelift model.

So as well as my 2008 Spec.B Legacy (3.0L), this is my other Subaru... used for work & off-roading / adventures.

This cars TCU seems to be more responsive than my 08... in the sense that when you go up a hill for instance, the car will downshift to keep you accelerating & not slow down, whereas when I take my 08 up a hill in Intelligent mode (SI Drive) it'll actually slow down so I have to manually override it or put it in Sport mode which is annoying... however, my 08 has WAY more get up and go than the Outback :)

Attachments

·
Registered
'00 Outback H6, '08 BMW 335i
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers, yes ive already spent plenty of time (and money :( ) tidying her up...

And looking forward to the NZ winter, for a bit of off-road adventures!

·
Registered
2001 OBW AWP
87 Posts
This one has over 320,000km on the clock, and she drives somewhat better than my previous Outback which only had 118,000km on the clock! :)
Congrats on the new subbie, this one must have been in NZ for a while??? as I am thinking of getting a JDM shipped to Canada, but it has to be at least 15 years old. The ones I have looked at online usually under 100,000km on the clock. Some were spec B, and some were Legacy GT twin turbo, I don't know if I need all that power.
Do you have any pics of your new ride?:29:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts