Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Outback 3.6R 2014 Legacy 2.5i 2003 Legacy L special edition (retired to backup)
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2010 2.5 CVT Premium
1,020 Posts
Never have been a Nissan/Datsun fan. Last great car they made was the 240Z.
They are likely suffering the squeeze from KIA/Hyundai more than Toyota and Honda are. My opinion is they are about equal in quality to the S. Korean products and are matching them with doodads.
I suspect if they really are in trouble and at threat of shuttering, they will have cash offers coming in from some other manufacturer. They have enough diverse products that can bolster somebody else's marketshare, but the key is matching up to the right 'somebody'.

·
Registered
2008 OB Limited 2.5i, Portland OR USA
5,180 Posts
Japanese companies typically don't just up and disappear; they end up being absorbed into some other conglomerate. But they could end up being just a ghost of their former self, sort of like Fiat in the USA.

Odd that Subaru kind of went the other way; the auto operations ended up swallowing the rest of Fuji Heavy Industries. And Nissan's vehicle operation is much larger than Subaru's.

·
Registered
2010 Outback 3.6R 2014 Legacy 2.5i 2003 Legacy L special edition (retired to backup)
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
^ one word for that CAT as in Caterpillar is pretty much dominate in Heavy and Compact construction.

·
Registered
5,214 Posts
Never have been a Nissan/Datsun fan. Last great car they made was the 240Z.
Recently saw where a '71 240 with 20 some thousand miles auctioned for 300k. I know where there is a '72 with 30 some thousand miles for 46k....have the urge to buy that and try to flip it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts