Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Outback 2.5 Limited w/Nav & Moonroof
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
AVOID ANY TRANSACTIONS FROM THESE INDIVIDUALS.

I should have noted that the white5656 handle was created the same day as my WTB: classified post which was suspicious (I missed that). white 5656 appears to be a handler account for fraud. The individual I "purchased" the items from cell phone was immediately disconnected following my text conversations regarding the "purchased" items. Fortunately I did not pay via Zelle or Venmo (even though I was pressured to), so I was able to recover my PayPal funds.

Attachments

·
Brucey
'17 3.6 Limited
10,503 Posts
They appear to have deleted their posts.

I was going to go ahead and ban them but it seems they've done it themselves.

·
Registered
2011 Outback 2.5 Limited w/Nav & Moonroof
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow, that post on the other forum was exactly what happened to me, except the name changed from Anthony to Jose. Obviously a fraud pattern! I would ban the user ID so they can't come back on here easily and do this again. At least then they'd have to open a new account, and if I took the proper time to notice it was a brand new account, I would not have pursued the "purchase". Up to the mods of course...

·
Brucey
'17 3.6 Limited
10,503 Posts
Wow, that post on the other forum was exactly what happened to me, except the name changed from Anthony to Jose. Obviously a fraud pattern! I would ban the user ID so they can't come back on here easily and do this again. At least then they'd have to open a new account, and if I took the proper time to notice it was a brand new account, I would not have pursued the "purchase". Up to the mods of course...
@Kevin

1 - 5 of 5 Posts