Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Outback 2.5i Convenience
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like I will be buying from RA in the near future. The brake pads available around here are all cheap junk or ridiculously priced.

What else should I consider for what will likely be a 60k mile service on a 2013 2.5 OB? I'll get NGK plugs locally, PCV valve (might do OEM for this)? I'll see about diffs, did them not long ago.

I feel like most is check this and check that.

·
Premium Member
(formerly) 03 H6 OBW , (presently) 06 WRX Sportwagon & 2021 Honda CR-V
18,780 Posts
maybe pick-up some wiper blades?

I know, seems stupid but, RA sometimes gets new-old-stock that is re-branded name-brand stuff. Cheap! even if just rear blade. You're gonna be paying shipping anyway and, from RA, stuff that comes from all the same warehouse is cheaper shipping. Look for wiper blades that are listed in the little 'window' in the item pull-down.

and, pay attention to the warehouse thing.

·
Meh.
I has wagons.
12,383 Posts
Engine and cabin filters can be nice and cheap from RA. Same with wipers.

RA carries NGK, so I'd price compare. I have a Beck/Arlney PCV in both Mal and Sprout I got from RA. One of the only aftermarket PCVs I have had decent luck with.

Reactions: mjohnson

·
Registered
Fresh Out of Outbacks!
14,499 Posts
Rock Auto parts are great and often cheap, but their shipping isn't. In fact, it's probably worth "checking this and checking that" now, to see what else you need before you order. Subaru puts a lot of items on a list to "check" but you still have to take the time and apply your judgement.

It's sort of the nature of DIY car maintenance. Repeat some labor to save shipping & driving, or spend extra on shipping & driving around to save labor. Choose one.

·
Registered
2001 OBW VDC, 2004 WRX, 1999 LEGACY L (in a heap)
1,301 Posts
there is a trick in RA's case for shipping. If it all comes from the same warehouse, which they tell you on the shopping cart screen with the big A and B truck icons, it tends to be good.

If it comes from multiple locations, they charge separate shipping out of each site.

As long as I stay in one source, it tends to be better than Amazon for me.

·
Registered
2008 Outback 2.5i, 2009 Forrester 2.5 sohc
606 Posts
there is a trick in RA's case for shipping. If it all comesfrom the same warehouse, which they tell you on the shopping cart screen with the big A and B truck icons, it tends to be good.

if it comes from multiple locations, they charge shipping out of each site.

as long as I stay in one source, it tends to be better than Amazon for me
Ive learned you have be very careful with RockAuto and shipping on lower price parts. If your order comes from different warehouses, sometimes price isnt thatdifferent than going to a local parts store, most will give you a discount if you ask. Last time I tried to order air, cabin and oil for three different cars, it took a few minutes to pick the brand so they all shipped from the same location.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts