Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2018 3.6R Limited - Magnetite - LP Adventure lift
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm likely going to put an LED light bar on my Loadwarrior.

The basket wont stay on all the time, however - probably during the fall, and during the season we take trips.

Any thoughts on where to mount the switch for it, that isn't overly destructive? The OB is the first car I've owned that didnt have dummy panels or available aftermarket OEM lookign switches.

Second thought - Where to route the wire - up the passenger door frame? Thinking of a QD plug that can be tucked away somewhere in the pillar when not in use?

Anyone been down this road before?

·
Brucey
'17 3.6
11,407 Posts
If I were running it I would put it through the rear hatch and tuck it back in when not in use. Just use a single water proof connector and maybe add some wire loom.

As far as the switch I'm not sure where to mount it. Any space where all the buttons left of the driver are?

·
Registered
2018 3.6R Limited - Magnetite - LP Adventure lift
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nah.. All taken up. Maybe running though the rear is a better idea. I don't want to punch holes in the dash.

Lights are really good anyway. No. Bigoss if I don't find a nice way to do it.

·
Brucey
'17 3.6
11,407 Posts
If you really don't want to cut anything then there are buttons that just stick to the dash with tape you can use.

The wire will be exposed but eh.

·
Registered
2017 Subaru Outback 3.6 Limited
98 Posts
thats wood on mine - No way.
Same here. If I had the aluminum look panel I would not have any issues with that install. Don't want to damage the "wood" panel. Will keep exploring options. If you come across any cool ideas, please share. I will do the same.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
25 Posts
As far as switches, you can also go with a wireless route.

There are some on Amazon.

ORACLE OFF-ROAD LIGHT REMOTE WIRELESS SWITCH

ORACLE Part # 5772-504

The ORACLE Off-Road Light Remote Wireless Switch lets you connect and control up to two Off-Road LED Lights. Switch includes a Wireless Controller so you can control your lights while at a distance from your vehicle.

Product Features:
- This is a simple device, works like a switch but wirelessly!
- Dual output let's you connect up to two devices to it.
- Max Output: 40 amps

Package Includes:
- 1 x ORACLE Off-Road Light Remote Wireless Switch
- 1 x Wireless Key FOB

·
Registered
2016 Outback Slate Gray 3.6R Limited w/ Eyesight
49 Posts
I 3d Printed my own mount for 5 switches and attached it with adhesive Velcro to the side of the center console right about where my right knee is. ran a wire down and zip tied that to any of the other wires down there. popped a hole in the firewall and ran that through. I use a relay board and a PDU (Power Distribution Unit) to deliver the power to where i need it. for the light bars on top i ran the wires up the drivers side of the windshield and zip tied it to the gas cylinder and the Yakima rack. also a smidgen of adhesive along the windshield helped a lot. will have pics coming soon of my setup.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts