Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Outback XT 5M KYB GR2, King Springs
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a new to me 2009 OBXT 5M with about 32k miles on it.

I live in Minneapolis and so during the winter time, my cars see a touchless car wash pretty often. I have noticed that the finish of the roof rack is a little dull and has spots on it. It wasn't this way when I purchased the car 3 months ago and I assume it has happened because of the detergents used in the touchless wash.

Are there any cleaning products or polishing products anyone would recommend?

·
Registered
22,836 Posts
You could use 303 on it Protectant

Between the elements sun and washing the plastic takes a beating. 303 was developed to protect seals - plastics and acrylic cloths on aircraft that spend lots of hours at high altitude exposed to the sun. I treat the canvas on our boat dodger with it every two years. Slingshot makers also sell packets of it with their sling shots to treat and protect the rubber.

Worth a shot - all the other stuff will simply wash off every time you wash the car

·
Registered
2016 outback premium
81 Posts
black wow

It's made for plastic, but it works great on all dark matte surfaces. It'll wash off pretty much every time you go through the car wash though.

Black Wow Plastic Trim Restoration
Looks like a great product,going to give a try.is it just for restoration or can you use on new? Confused on application , one instruction says to leave on till you wash car or as long as possible without removing,another says to wipe off with dry cloth, What about if it gets on paint of body?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts