Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a new bike carrier for my 09 OB wagon, and wondering if there's any reason I can't move the front crossbar all the way up to the spot that seems like a tiedown area? No help in the manual ( it says 10" back), but I'd like to put it where I'm pointing at in the picture....thanks in advance for any input

Attachments

·
Registered
2005 Outback R LL Bean 3.0 H6 w/ 5 speed sport shift
598 Posts
Got a new bike carrier for my 09 OB wagon, and wondering if there's any reason I can't move the front crossbar all the way up to the spot that seems like a tiedown area? No help in the manual ( it says 10" back), but I'd like to put it where I'm pointing at in the picture....thanks in advance for any input
My guess is the set back recommendation is for weight distribution. I wouldn't think the bicycles would be an issue and you don't have a sunroof so I can't see a problem - but that's an opinion and take that for what it's worth!

·
Registered
2018 Subaru Crosstrek Limited w/Eyesight
193 Posts
I do it all the time with my Yakima racks. You’ll be fine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2008 OB Limited 2.5i, Portland OR USA
6,965 Posts
That location is probably the strongest holding point on the roof rack, due to the fact that it's right on top of the mounts and close to the A pillar. If they didn't want you to use this location, then the crossbars would have been engineered to not fit there. Should be fine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts