Subaru Outback Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2006 2.5i Limited Manual
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I'm looking for information on the capacity of the roof rails on my 2006 OB. I've heard a few numbers thrown around, the owners manual rates the stock crossbars at 100lbs, but I have yet to find a rating for the roof rails themselves. I'm interested in building a roof hammock mount like this: www dot trailnest dot com to mount across the roof rails, and wanted to make sure that they could handle the weight of the mount and the weight of me in it (~200lbs). If I understand correctly, some car roof racks are not actually connected securely to the frame of the car (A/B/C-Pillar), and I was wondering if anyone has any knowledge of how secure the connection is in the 2006 OB. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
2006 2.5i Limited Manual
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
For anyone interested, I did some more digging in the service manual and found a section dedicated to the removal of the roof rails which has some diagrams that show the cross section of the roof rail's connection to the sheet metal on the roof of the car.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.