Subaru Outback Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Outback Premium 2.5 6 speed
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did a search and came up empty, so I am hoping that this is just a design issue and nothing wrong with my car.

I was washing the roof of the vehicle by hand, and I noticed that when I pressed down on the roof near the roof rail, the roof would actually be pressed down, causing a gap between the roof material and the track that holds the roof rack/cross bar.

I am hoping this is by design....basically it seems as though the top of the roof only creates a seal by pressure between the roof rack and roof, so I am hoping this is made by design.

Any kind folks on this board want to give the top of the roof a quick push down and see if this is similar to mine?
(Only have 5800 miles on mine, so I am hoping that this is just by design)

Thanks

·
Registered
22,806 Posts
I doubt it. The plastic rack is bolted to the structure under the roof skin. The plastic rails are not sealed to the roof skin all they do is seal the bolt points given thats all that needs sealing etc.

·
Registered
22,806 Posts
On the flip side if for some odd reason you get a large gap between the roof and the rack piece it might cause some wind noise at speed. I haven't paid much attention to ours but I haven't noticed any major gaps that might cause added wind noise etc.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.