Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Outback 2.5i manual. 103,000 miles. My very first!
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All!

Who all has a roof tent here? What kind is it? Pics? What do you like about it and hate about it? Where did you buy it and why?
I'm curious about these roof tents because they look like tree houses. (I like tree houses) Something like this!

·
Registered
557 Posts
hey JSM!

can't see you pic and i don't have a roof top tent...

head over to expeditionportal.com and search away!!!

see you over there :)

joel

·
Registered
22,836 Posts
Hey All!

Who all has a roof tent here? What kind is it? Pics? What do you like about it and hate about it? Where did you buy it and why?
I'm curious about these roof tents because they look like tree houses. (I like tree houses) Something like this!

I have a couple of buddies who have had them and sold them. All depends on your type of camping. If your camping involves parking the car for a few days while you do lots of hiking from the campsite etc then they work pretty well. If you do car camping where the campsite is your base camp and you use the car to haul the kayaks down to the river or to drive to other trail heads then the roof top tent quickly looses its appeal. That is the number one reason my buddies who had them sold them given most of their camping involved using the car to get places after camp was made. So having to pack up your tent every time the car got moved wasn't working. The best alternative would be the roof top tent mounted on a gear trailer which case you set up - and still have the car to use etc.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Subaru Roof Top Tents

There has never been a company willing to step up for Subaru owners like Bigfoot Roof Top Tents. It's nice when companies are proud of their product and know well how to sell it but what are they willing to do for you! The Bigfoot Tent Crew sponsors teams and events in the community and offers "real" discounts. Any member from Subaru Outback can discount their Subaru Roof Top Tent orders by 10%.

·
Registered
2015 Subaru Outback 2.0 Diesel
12 Posts
I am thinking of buying something like this to our 2015 2.0D Outback.
I wonder if it's safe to put it to the car and sleep two people in it?

The Tent itself is around 110 pounds
Me and my wife is around 265 pounds
inflatable mattress is around 11 pounds
sleeping bag, clothes etc is around 11 pounds

Total weight: 400 - 420 pounds

1 - 6 of 6 Posts