Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Steering wheel shakes on downhill braking. Per prior recommendations for fix, cleaned slider pins, installed new OEM pads (one person had said aftermarket might have problems down the road). Still shakes. I can get front rotors turned for $90. Or purchase new Duralast Gold from Auto Zone for $140 and $50 for swapping out. Cost isn't a major consideration right now because I purchased a bunch of Tesla stock cheap. Thoughts?

·
Registered
76 Posts
If replace. I've been using the ones from 1Aauto, on all 4 wheels, also replaced the rear bearings with their brand. I have had them on for over 10k, and no issues yet, still lots of life.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2018 Outback Premium 2.5
338 Posts
Centric premium are fantastic quality and good price.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2018 Outback 3.6 R Limited
70 Posts
If you warped the stock rotors, making them thinner wont help prevent it from happening again, only make it more likely. Replace.

·
Registered
2010 Outback 3.6R 2014 Legacy 2.5i 2003 Legacy L special edition (retired to backup)
1,257 Posts
replace the rotors especially when you consider the cost of having them turned... i like polymer coated ones.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Autozone has a lot of nerve selling these for $140. Buy them from Rockauto dot com and you'll have a lot of change left over.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Don’t forget to use the RockAuto 5% discount. It’s not a lot but it can take a bite off the shipping charges

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I liked bmach's explanation. I put in new rotors and pads and downhill shake is gone. Side note: I had asked in a sidebar if there was anyway to post pics using my phone. Someone sent me an app and now I can't find it.

·
Registered
2011 Outback Limited 2.5i/2018 Crosstrek limited
4,569 Posts
If you turn them up you have less surface area and they can warp easier. I always replace rotors and pads. Cost more but last longer.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts