Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Tacoma TRD Sport Double Cab Long Box
2,893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Car: 1998 Legacy GT 2.5 DOHC

This car was running beautifully, but was giving a knock sensor code, so I put in a new sensor (which, it turns out, is a bit of a PITA, but not too terrible). Upon starting it up after replacing the sensor, it's idling rough and hasn't straightened itself out after 10+ minutes of running. It's not throwing any codes now. Any idea what would could be causing this? As soon as you step on the gas, it purrs along just fine, but at idle it's definitely rougher than it should be.

EDIT: Took it for a short (~3 Mile) ride and it still idles rough and has no codes. Goes down the road just fine, though...runs smooth when you have your foot on the gas, no lack of power, etc. At idle, though, it surges a bit and tries to fight the brakes sometimes...sometimes it dips the idle really low, too, but it never stalls.

Any ideas would be awesome...thanks!

·
Registered
2011 Tacoma TRD Sport Double Cab Long Box
2,893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ugh, duh---just figured it out. I guess I'll announce my stupidity here--Despite checking multiple times, I didn't see any vacuum lines I forgot to reconnect...but on that ride the brakes felt pretty awful, like they didn't have power. I walked back inside and then it dawned on me...one of the lines I took off was connected to the brake booster, and I missed it...figures, one of the biggest and easiest to see and it's the one I miss! All better!

Feel free to make fun of me :).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts