Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2003 outback 2.5 idles really low and shakes the car a bit, it also has hardly any power on acceleration. I have changed the plugs, wires, coil and cleaned the IAC. Any ideas, no codes at all. Manual trans, 218k miles. All stock, timing belt was replaced 15k miles ago.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Same issue 2000 legacy was evap problem use the green test leads under the dash and listen for the evap solonid in the rear if it doesn't click then it's not opening check my pick of it it's by the charcoal canister by the rear right wheel solved my issue as I did all the same things u did first has been running great for the last month plus I issues

·
Registered
2003 OBW 2.5
49 Posts
replace fuel filter and check fuel pump pressure... if you don't have access to a pressure gauge grab hold of the fuel lines by the fuel filter while the car is idling and make sure you feel a strong pulse, if the pulse in the line is weak your fuel pump is on its way out.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yea it was the rear evap solonid that was the issue has run fine ever since I replaced it fuel filter was not the issue but I have a spare new one to replace later.
Did a whole bunch of parts replacements b4 that discovery plus valve gasket replacement with fal- pro stuff and plug replacement .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts