Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of August's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Outback Touring (Canada)
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Just bought a 2019 Outback and as I was driving it off the lot I noticed this:

The plastic barrier is cracked. I am guessing the previous owner pushed on it or something. Anyway, I negotiated with the dealership and they agreed to fix it. The problem is I am not from this city and will be leaving and driving for 2 days to get back home. I won't be here when the part gets in so I am thinking of asking the dealer just to mail it to me and I will install it myself. I have done a lot of work on my 2002 forester, including replacing the cluster lights but being an older car, there are tons of youtube how-to videos on this; the same can't be said about something so new.

The dealer said the part is $200 so I assume it will be more than just a piece of clear plastic and likely the full RPM gauge.

My question is has anyone done anything similar to this replacement on a 2016-2019 Outback?
Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
2010 Outback 3.6R 2014 Legacy 2.5i
2,851 Posts
Subaru does not sell the combination meter parts separately. Best bet is to get one from a JY and using plastic polish, clean up the lens and transfer it over to yours if the dealer does not want to mail you the part. Remember if they replace the cluster, your mileage will be off as Subaru is no longer allowing their combination meters to be programmed with the correct mileage (thanks Ferrari)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts