Subaru Outback Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi. Lost all brake pressure suddenly (luckily before the end of the drive near the house) today. Have a major leak. Fluid reservoir very low obviously now. Should I top it back up even if the car is sitting unused, until it can be collected for repair? I lifted the car, took the rear wheel off only to discover (see photo) that one of the mounting brackets for the brake line has snapped, so the line heading up towards the fuel tank is moving with the suspension I guess instead of the just the rubber hose section. It has either broken off higher up where I can't see it or has rubbed a hole? I took the panels out in the boot but I guess it's above the fuel tank? Shame as the actual brake lines looked far less corroded than I thought. Any help would be appreciated re cost of repair and how long it might take. My local mechanic has ripped me off recently as I live in an area where I don't have much choice. I need the car back on the road in a week. We have really cold weather for a few weeks over Christmas and there was a lot of ice and snow built up in there. Bummer. Thanks guys!
Bedrock Formation Road surface Rock Soil

·
Premium Member
'03 outback limited, '01 Outback Limited, '01 Legacy L wagon, '96 Legacy Brighton wagon
3,079 Posts
I would keep it topped up - if you don't for long enough and the reservoir is drained, you could/will introduce air into the master cylinder and then the brake lines.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts