Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just noticed that there is coolant weeping from the rusty coolant lines at the front of the engine. The one to the oil filter is simple, but where is the other end of the one on the driver side (circled in red in the pic) connected to. Unfortunately, being in Canada, these will likely be pretty expensive. I've read that the oil cooler line can be replaced with hose, but what about the other? I think it is part #14165AA014.

Attachments

·
Registered
14,354 Posts
My engine has a slightly different version of that part, was about $50 at a Pennsylvania dealer. Hoping it isn't much more for you.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just called the dealer in Halifax. It will be $100 and take two weeks to get here. It would come from Toronto, via dogsled apparently. I will recheck the line and see if I can cut the line back to solid metal and just run some hose for now.

·
Registered
5,815 Posts
I just did mine, the one that runs to the rear runs right next to the exhaust header, so if you can cut it far enough from that, or run hose in a different path, you could use hose.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
CNY_Dave
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing