Tokyo's between my toes
2001 Wintergreen Outback 5MT
6,684 Posts
Yes, but is the ignition switch between the seats *G*

·
Superb Moderator, ,
MY12 WRX, MY07 FXT
6,186 Posts
Yep, Impreza based, Subaru engine. But I have read the cost will be $2-3k more than the Subaru. For a Saab namesake? Whatever. Brian

·
Registered
Formerly 04 Outback 3.0R VDC, now 2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS DiD
1,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I used to think SAAB were pretty special, but since GM took over their cars seem to have stayed with designs that look 20 years old. I hate it when a company making innovative and unique cars gets taken over by a giant that stifles all creativity aka Ford taking over Mazda..

·
Tokyo's between my toes
6,684 Posts
I wonder what the discussion is like in Sweden. On one hand, there must be SAAB purists who hate this development. OTOH there must be others who are enjoying the **** out of the Impreza drivetrain - think mountains and snow...

·
Tokyo's between my toes
6,684 Posts
Here's a shot I took from the Detroit auto show:

(edited to add: note, it is behind a glass barrier, another look-but-don't-touch)

Attachments

·
Registered
39 Posts
No, the 9-7X is based on the Chevy Trailblazer.
There is (fortunatly) no connection to any Subaru.

I will look up the sources later, for the time being, have a look at the NASIOC.com Forum in the news&rumor section...

greetings
Arne

·
Registered
Formerly 04 Outback 3.0R VDC, now 2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS DiD
1,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ahh ok, thanks ArneH. The shape sure had me fooled! :rolleyes:

·
Tokyo's between my toes
6,684 Posts
Good grief, this will soon become a game in which we can Photoshop a SAAB nose onto any vehicle ...

... and it would be true.

·
Registered
'04 Colorado, '90 Legacy sedan
137 Posts
I see the Saabaru is reviewed in the magazines now. They say that Saab uses a nicer interior. It is also available with the standard WRX engine.

Just puts that much more Subaru hardware on the road for the aftermarket to play with. Making a greater number of performance parts better and cheaper available to us.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts