Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I had 95% settled on an Outback Wagon before we visited Salerno Duane Subaru in Newton NJ.

The salesman was low-key, not pushy at all. We drove an automatic but found it a bit too sluggish. They had one 5spd on the lot, we tried that and it made enough of a difference that we decided to go with that. I was paying cash, with no trade-in. We sat down to work out a deal and the salesman started off saying they usually looked for $400-$500 over invoice. I offered $200 under invoice. Here was the only time I got any "car dealer shuffle", I got the "Let me have a credit card to show the manager you're serious" line.

I shut that down instantly with "I'm not going to tolerate any of that nonsense. If you don't think I'm serious then I'm wasting my time here." He backed off, and they accepted the offer. They tried to push rustproofing a bit, but I told them I won't be adding any extras to the deal and they didn't push anything else.

I found a minor paint defect on the bumper after they cleaned up the car, but I let them write it up as a "We Owe" item. They were very accommodating in scheduling the repair and agreed to pay for a rental when they didn't have a loaner available on the date I wanted. The repair was excellent. I'm happy so far. :29:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Valenti Subaru, Westerly, Rhode Island

We found the car we were looking for at Valenti Subaru in Westerly, Rhode Island. We live on Long Island, New York which is about 175 miles from home. Much shorter drive if you take ferry to New London. Westerly is about a 25 min drive from New London. After talking to the salesman, Adam, we placed order for 2015 Limited, Tungsten, with Nav, Moon roof, and Eye Sight. Adam said car would be in the end of the month (March), and he would pick us up at the ferry when car was ready. In 3 weeks, he called to say car was in, and and gave us delivery date of April 4th. He picked my husband up at the New London Ferry, and drove him to dealership and husband completed the deal. So we would like to recommend Valenti Subaru for their great service and professionalism.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
About this Discussion
1 Reply
2 Participants
salzdt
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing