Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Outback 2.5i Limited, No Nav, Cypress Green
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the 2011 Limited 2.5i with non-nav HK 6 disk stereo. I am considering ditching my iphone 4 and going with the Galaxy S3. My question is, will this be a better option for my Bluetooth phone connection? Can I at least transfer my contacts one at a time? The Subaru website doesnt even mention the Galaxy S2, so I cant check it there. Also, is there any other issues to consider. If its worse that the iphone in the car, I will reconsider buying the Galaxy.

·
Registered
2007 Chrysler 300C built 5.7
396 Posts
As someone who went from an iPhone to the GS3, just get it. Best phone I've ever had.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi - I have the Galaxy S3. Awesome phone, very, very fast processing and the screen is amazing. Also, the camera on the phone is very good. I just purchased a 2013 2.5i OB Limited about 3 weeks ago. The NAV/Bluetooth system has NO problem working with the phone. Easily connects with Bluetooth every time I start the car and it transfers your contacts automatically. However, it transfers the contacts each time you connect with Bluetooth - takes about a minute or 2 for the transfer. Also, you cannot access the contacts while the car is moving - that function is grayed out on the screen. When the car is stopped you can access your contacts. However, while the car is moving you can access your contacts by voice control. It takes some time to learn the voice control commands but once you get them down it works great. I am not sure if the 2011 has the same Bluetooth functions but the Galaxy S3 is an awesome phone.

·
Registered
Black 2010 OB 2.5i Premium CVT
1,409 Posts
If your still on old school Ice Cream Sandwich OS(4.0.3/4) you should be fine. If your running the new Jelly Bean OS(4.1.1) it might not be fully compatible....yet.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts