Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2013 SAP OB
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Can anyone point me in a direction to where I can find how many obs with the sap package were made in 2013. I’ve tried a few different searches and they all said limited edition but no numbers made were listed. My car was turned into a submarine in that bs tropical storm we had a week and half ago and insurance company is giving me bs over the price and the Rarity of the sap package.

·
Registered
2013 SAP OB
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
2018 3.6r Touring, Black, modifications: 255-55-zr18 Continental DWS06
346 Posts
Not sure I know what a "SAP" package is. When it comes to totaling vehicles after floods, not much room to negotiate even with limited runs. Living on the Gulf Coast, we have quite a bit of experience here.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,497 Posts
Not sure I know what a "SAP" package is. When it comes to totaling vehicles after floods, not much room to negotiate even with limited runs. Living on the Gulf Coast, we have quite a bit of experience here.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
My guess would be the Special Appearance Package. Most likely it would be pretty difficult to find out how many were actually produced or what value, if any, it would add to a 7 year old vehicle.

I agree with you that all the insurance company sees is a flooded, 7 year old OB.

Reactions: kjohannes

·
Registered
2010 Outback 3.6R 2014 Legacy 2.5i 2003 Legacy L special edition (retired to backup)
1,257 Posts
SAP was partially blacked out headlights, allow wheels, and fog lights on the 14 legacy 2.5i... there are not too many of them

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
SAP was partially blacked out headlights, allow wheels, and fog lights on the 14 legacy 2.5i... there are not too many of them
on the outback it added those silver mirror and doorhandle trim, the saddle brown interior, the two position memory seat and was the first out back to have keyless entry and push button start.

Can anyone point me in a direction to where I can find how many obs with the sap package were made in 2013. I’ve tried a few different searches and they all said limited edition but no numbers made were listed. My car was turned into a submarine in that bs tropical storm we had a week and half ago and insurance company is giving me bs over the price and the Rarity of the sap package.
Hard to say how many were optioned with that package. I remember a few at the dealer on the lot when I looked at cars in 2013 and 2014. Best way to determine the value is going to be to research used value through the regular sites. Figure out what the added package cost over a limited at the time, and use that as a baseline to negotiate a potentially better price. As someone else mentioned, the insurance company just sees a flooded 7 year old outback limited.

·
Registered
2013 SAP OB
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Guys I know what it is I’ve owned it since June 2013 but the insurance co is trying to jerk me off saying that it’s just a regular 3.6r limited. I’m fighting with them saying my car with the sap package was special order and limited run. It im having issues finding how many were made in 2013. I can not find that number anywhere and they are basing the totaled value on a normal 3.6r and not with the special options and that’s dropping the offer they gave me to garbage. They can’t even find a 3.6 close to my miles and how clean mine is I have 60k they are showing me comparable 13’s with over 110k and 2 of them were base 3.6s

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
I see 45 3.6r cars for sale (2013) in a search. Of those, 9 are the SAP. Less than that have eyesight. Eyesight cost more than the SAP option in 2013 (and you couldn't get eyesight with the SAP option). I'm not certain that the SAP option was as rare as other options on the 3.6r model.

Maybe looking at those, and showing the not as the same condition and higher mileage might help to show that yours should be worth more?

·
Registered
5,497 Posts
What is the insurance company offering you and how much do you think it's worth?

·
Registered
2013 SAP OB
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
They offered my 12,000 kbb puts me at 14,000 plus they have to give me the price of remote start, wheel arch moldings, mats, window rain guards and the price of the sap which was 3600 more then the stock limited they are comparing it to I should be around 15k with what I have plus I just did plugs brakes and tires last month they said I just have to submit the receipts for the work that was just done and they will add that to offer

·
Registered
2013 SAP OB
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
What they fail to understand they gave a list of 15 cars for 2013 from local dealers and none have all the options and almost double the mileage my Subaru guaranteed trade in value is 13,2000

·
Registered
5,497 Posts
They can't pull a car the same as your damaged car out of thin air. I think you will find it very hard to get more than what Subaru says it is worth.

·
Registered
2013 SAP OB
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
They can't pull a car the same as your damaged car out of thin air. I think you will find it very hard to get more than what Subaru says it is worth.
I under stand that but when you are dealing with special editions they are supposed to have the package price and add it in. Example when they stole my 87 Buick grand national gnx A few years ago they did same thing and tried to give me the book value of a regular grand national I actually had to sue my insurance company because they told me there were only minor differences between the models and I said yes about 100k difference in the two modules last gnx sold at auction went for 150,000 they tried to give me 35000 so you can see why I put out the question out to see if anyone knew how many were made each year because the sap package adds about 5 grand to purchase price of the car. Just because your car is totaled doesn’t mean you bow down and accept what the insurance company thinks it’s worth because the way they come up with their values is a trade secret. You haggle with the sales man to get best deal and you haggle with the insurance if they total it if you don’t question them and haggle With them you will lose money

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
Here were the MSRP of the packages (I marked the SAP option). This shows the difference over the base package. Also handy in comparing to other limited models if they have those listed.

·
Registered
5,497 Posts
I under stand that but when you are dealing with special editions they are supposed to have the package price and add it in. Example when they stole my 87 Buick grand national gnx A few years ago they did same thing and tried to give me the book value of a regular grand national I actually had to sue my insurance company because they told me there were only minor differences between the models and I said yes about 100k difference in the two modules last gnx sold at auction went for 150,000 they tried to give me 35000 so you can see why I put out the question out to see if anyone knew how many were made each year because the sap package adds about 5 grand to purchase price of the car. Just because your car is totaled doesn’t mean you bow down and accept what the insurance company thinks it’s worth because the way they come up with their values is a trade secret. You haggle with the sales man to get best deal and you haggle with the insurance if they total it if you don’t question them and haggle With them you will lose money
Except your GNX greatly appreciated in value over time. Your OB is still depreciating and SAP is mostly just a compilation of options.

Looking at Walker's post it did not add anywhere near $5k to the price.

You certainly don't have to accept what the insurance company offers but somewhere along the way you have to be realistic about the value of a 7 year old OB.

·
Registered
2010 Outback 3.6R 2014 Legacy 2.5i 2003 Legacy L special edition (retired to backup)
1,257 Posts
outback are never going to be a collector car for the later years, there are simply too many of them and they are a cookie cutter car (ie nothing really special about them). The way you fight and win against the insurance company is to give them 3 listings of cars available for sale at your local dealerships and say, see this is what I would have to pay to replace it. Insurance company will always try for actual cash value while you will get replacement cost if you present the documentation to back it up.

·
Registered
2014 OB 3.6R SAP
133 Posts
If they are comparing your car to one with twice as many miles and a different trim level. That’s your first problem. I’d get them to correct that first and see how the number looks.

I have a 2014 SAP 3.6R and it was very difficult to find with low miles (to the others that replied the 14 was the first year with eyesight (gen 1) I believe. If not the first year, I know at least the 13 SAP didn’t have it).

I remember talking to a dealer during my search and IIRC he told me that they only produced 30,000 of the SAP for that year. If that’s correct, maybe 2013 was similar?

I’m sure that’s not the number you wanted to hear and it’s no fact either...

The SAP was more than a compilation of options. I don’t think you could get the option the SAP offered on another trim level by adding it on (minus eyesight maybe). SAP is really the Touring model of the gen 5.

I’d take the advice of others and find SAP models for sale and send them to your insurance company to compare. Hopefully you’ll end up in the middle?

·
Registered
2013 SAP OB
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
If they are comparing your car to one with twice as many miles and a different trim level. That’s your first problem. I’d get them to correct that first and see how the number looks.

I have a 2014 SAP 3.6R and it was very difficult to find with low miles (to the others that replied the 14 was the first year with eyesight (gen 1) I believe. If not the first year, I know at least the 13 SAP didn’t have it).

I remember talking to a dealer during my search and IIRC he told me that they only produced 30,000 of the SAP for that year. If that’s correct, maybe 2013 was similar?

I’m sure that’s not the number you wanted to hear and it’s no fact either...

The SAP was more than a compilation of options. I don’t think you could get the option the SAP offered on another trim level by adding it on (minus eyesight maybe). SAP is really the Touring model of the gen 5.

I’d take the advice of others and find SAP models for sale and send them to your insurance company to compare. Hopefully you’ll end up in the middle?
13 was the first year for eyesight the sap didn’t have that or cat that they were switching everything to 30000 isn’t a bad number and I tried finding one listed for sale with any miles in my state and nothing it’s just going to be a back and forth until they give me something I can live with. The bad thing about Subaru’s is if you take care of them they last my 14 legacy 3.6 has over 190k on it and runs fine besides normal wear and tear they only thing I had to replace twice is the exhaust heat shields cause they rust out quickly for some reason and the mufflers and y pipe for an awd car they don’t undercoat **** or use better materials on the underbody

1 - 20 of 20 Posts