Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2013 OB 2.5i Premium/DDD Graphite Gray Metallic OP#2 Weathertec Window Deflectors
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just pick up 2013 OUTBACK/A/W/P. And I thought I had Sat radio, well I don't call the dealer they said have to buy something to pull in the signal before it would work, is that dealer item only? And do you have to remove the dash?
Thanks

·
Registered
2015 2.5i Limited Carbide Gray
832 Posts
You might have to add the tuner itself, and possibly the antenna. You won't have to pull the entire dash but you will have to remove the trim from around the radio and possibly remove the radio to get to the connections. You will have to get OEM pieces, either from the dealer or other OEM part option.

·
Registered
'14 3.6R Outback
2,345 Posts
I got a plug in xm receiver like this one (for $125). The good part was that it plugs directly into the factory unit so the factory buttons all work and it's easy to do. The bad news is the antenna goes in the windshield inside the car (minor annoyance), the sound isn't as good as the cheap portable unit I had, and the antenna on the factory add on isn't as good either. If I had to do it over again I would simply buy a protable home/car unit.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts