Subaru Outback Forums banner

Scotty now likes Subes!

1453 40
Scotty has seen the light! Today he posts two pro Subaru videos.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Scotty has seen the light! Today he posts two pro Subaru videos.
And tomorrow he'll say they are terrible cars and to never buy one. He actually does know his stuff, but he's monetized and just trying to keep up viewership, so he'll flip flop to create controversy and get views. Same reason all his video titles are click bait and have nothing to do with what he actually says in the video.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Scotty is the most popular youtube mechanic in the world. He makes an estimated $75k a month from youtube, has 5.39m followers, and takes no money from vehicle, parts, and accessory manufacturers. He also makes vehicle documentation videos. I would challenge anyone who thinks they are smarter than him to prove it.

What he likes most is good well built transportation, that is fun to drive, at a fair price. Toyota and other makes are not priced fair anymore. He has realized the mechanical problems that kept him from likely Subarus have been resolved.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Scotty is the most popular youtube mechanic in the world. He makes an estimated $75k a month from youtube, has 5.39m followers, and takes no money from vehicle, parts, and accessory manufacturers. He also makes vehicle documentation videos. I would challenge anyone who thinks they are smarter than him to prove it.

What he likes most is good well built transportation, that is fun to drive, at a fair price. Toyota and other makes are not priced fair anymore. He has realized the mechanical problems that kept him from likely Subarus have been resolved.

Are you his agent?

·
Registered
937 Posts

I may not be smarter, but I've been working on cars since I was around 13- in my late 50's now, was Aviation Machinist Mate in the Navy-Jet mechanic and a vehicle tech for over 10 years.
The guy is a jackass. Having a ton of subs on youtube doesn't change it. If clickbait BS is your thing more power to you.

McDonalds sells a ton of burgers, lots of people love them- doesn't make them good.

·
Premium Member
2020 Onyx
19,438 Posts
I don't usually watch Scotty's videos but he is influential and while I doubt it will generate significant sales increases for Subaru, in that particular video he's not wrong. He's not saying anything that forum members haven't also said in their own experiences.

He also did a Subaru history video - very unusual for him. Not able to determine if it's entirely accurate but I did watch that one.

·
Registered
2013 OB Premium, 4-banger, 6-stick
127 Posts
I don't usually watch Scotty's videos but he is influential and while I doubt it will generate significant sales increases for Subaru, in that particular video he's not wrong. He's not saying anything that forum members haven't also said in their own experiences.

He also did a Subaru history video - very unusual for him. Not able to determine if it's entirely accurate but I did watch that one.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts