Subaru Outback Forums banner

Scratch on 2013 Outback - Meguire's Scratch X 2.0

3834 11
Our month old 2013 Outback ended up with a full body length clearcoat scratch. I had parked it outside of the grocery. The doors were ok but the rear quarter and front fendor were not. The person who ran the shopping cart between the cars and "railed" our car had to have known it happened, but they did not leave even a simple note. I was very distraught. When I finallly cooled down I remembered that some companies have scratch removal products. I knew they were clearcoat scratches, so with a littlee luck maybe they would come out. I went to my local Advance Auto store and found a Meguire's product called ScratchX 2.0. The application consisted of washing the car thoroughly, letting it dry and then using a foam or microfiber applicator to apply the product liberally and buffing it. After applying it remove the product with a microfiber or 100% terry towell. I was surprised with the results. The scratch on the front fendor was completely gone. The one of the rear is still there but only someone who knows where it was can find it. What I assume this product does is smooths out the clearcoat decreasing the definition of the scratch. As I found with my application it probably works better with scratches that are not as deep and if the scratch is all the way down to meetal it probably will not help at all. I wanted to pass this along as it worked for me

Product link is below, but you can probably find it at your local autoparts store
MeguiarsDirect.com:ScratchX® 2.0 ScratchX 2.0
Reactions: dc6517
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
2016 Tungsten Outback 3.6R w/Eyesight. My 6th Subaru.
332 Posts
Another thing to watch out for is parking lots that are not level. A runaway shopping cart will find your car if it is downhill or even down-wind. My cars have always been shopping cart magnets and I have learned this through experience.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.