Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Ouback 2.5 CVT
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know about you guys but it bothers me a little that I have these scratches on my black trim around the ignition key area from missing the hole when trying to start her up. Anyone have a solution? Is there something I can buy that protects the plastic trim surrounding that area?

·
Registered
'05 2.5i H4 4-Speed Auto w/Sportshift
514 Posts
If you don't drive the car, there will be no marks there.
They are called Beauty Marks.:17:

Mount a funnel so the key goes into the hole each time.:D:17:

·
Premium Member
2005 3.0 R n totaled
7,529 Posts
I don't know about you guys but it bothers me a little that I have these scratches on my black trim around the ignition key area from missing the hole when trying to start her up. Anyone have a solution? Is there something I can buy that protects the plastic trim surrounding that area?
You can buy a cell phone (or any) screen protector, cut a round hole, trim the size and put it around the push button starting knob.

·
Registered
'15 STi and '13 GTI
1,009 Posts
Solution? Yea, don't miss the hole. I'm being somewhat serious, I've never had this issue on any of my cars.

·
Registered
2016 3.6R Limited
348 Posts
Solution? Yea, don't miss the hole. I'm being somewhat serious, I've never had this issue on any of my cars.
came to say this as well...

and adding that I don't think i've ever actually looked at the trim around the ignition... too busy driving.:17:

·
Registered
2012 Ouback 2.5 CVT
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You can buy a cell phone (or any) screen protector, cut a round hole, trim the size and put it around the push button starting knob.

Ahh yes I was thinking of this but if I'm parked outside with the heat the adhesiveness may lose it's effectiveness but it's worth a shot.

·
Registered
2012 Ouback 2.5 CVT
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Really I highly doubt that, I bet on everything if you take a look you will see some scratches.

If you're a passenger you can see the scratches very easily, in plain sight, especially if you got black trim like me.

Another annoying problem is when my shoes rub the bottom door speaker area it leaves white scuff marks. :rolleyes: ugggh like gosh lol

·
Registered
2012 Outback Ltd. 2.5
43 Posts
Really I highly doubt that, I bet on everything if you take a look you will see some scratches.

If you're a passenger you can see the scratches very easily, in plain sight, especially if you got black trim like me.

Another annoying problem is when my shoes rub the bottom door speaker area it leaves white scuff marks. :rolleyes: ugggh like gosh lol
Anybody know how to get rid of those scuff marks on the door panels? The guys at the car wash hadn't a clue.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts