Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was cleaning my new OB yesterday and I noticed deep scratches on top of the roof. Haven't used the roof racks yet for carrying/tying anything. I'll be calling the dealership one of these days.

I suspect that when they that the roof rack installer did not put protective cover while working on it.

Please see if you have the same problem as mine.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Not on mine.......

Happy to say NOT ON MINE. And I did remove the cross bars so I get an unobstructed view. In fact there is not a single flaw anywhere on my paint job. So perfect that I hesitate to drive the car in inclement weather..but look at my signature......

·
Tokyo's between my toes
6,696 Posts
HAH HAH HAH then open a beverage of your choice and examine the roof on my 98. I am probably the only member here with canoe dings on the roof. I also have a few scratches from unloading a picnic table.

What can I say, accidents happen and this is a working car. Plus, you have to admit that these cars ding and dent rather easily.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
What can I say, accidents happen and this is a working car.
well said. when i finally get the Ferrari or E Type, i'll get fretted abt scratches n dings. but the whole point of an OB is the utility.

which is not to say that i wouldn't also be annoyed if my new car came from the dlr pre-scratched.....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
4 Participants
CPToversteer
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing