Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Frequently my screen says at the top “No Audio Playing” and I am unable to send or receive calls, listen to radio or connect to Apple Car Play.
Basic silence and no reaction from any buttons to do with sound.
Turning the car off and on does no good, it just decides when it wants to work again.
I just had my first service and the Service Manager said they have had no complaints and there were no updates scheduled for this electronic screen.
Anyone else have this experience? Thank you.

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
Yes that's not uncommon. The first thing is to make sure that your cords are good and that your connectors aren't dirty.

The second thing is to check the software version in your head unit

Attachments

·
Registered
'20 Outback Limited XT
44 Posts
I've seen this happen twice in July, but have had the car since December. Just like you, the scrolling display says "No Audio Playing" and there is nothing you can do to get it to reboot. I assume it is yet another head unit boot up problem. Like you, the only thing that resolves it is a long time for the car to be shut off, and it will resolve on start up. I think the first time it happened, I restarted the next day with no problem. The second time, I think I restarted after an hour and it had resolved. I am not looking forward to the day I go on a road trip, and have no audio for an extended length of time.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've seen this happen twice in July, but have had the car since December. Just like you, the scrolling display says "No Audio Playing" and there is nothing you can do to get it to reboot. I assume it is yet another head unit boot up problem. Like you, the only thing that resolves it is a long time for the car to be shut off, and it will resolve on start up. I think the first time it happened, I restarted the next day with no problem. The second time, I think I restarted after an hour and it had resolved. I am not looking forward to the day I go on a road trip, and have no audio for an extended length of time.
Yes, I had the same thought about a road trip 😀
I have an appointment tomorrow for an update install on the head unit. I will post the information and results.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts