Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What happened to the thread? It disappeared, maybe the mods thought it was troll bait?

·
I simply cannot abide useless people.
2006 2.5i and 2002 3.0 wagons.
12,305 Posts
It was a duplicate thread. I left the other one. Cross posts/duplicates are deleted to keep clutter down.

And what do you mean "thought and word policing"? Forums have Terms of Service that you agree to be creating an account. It is our job (which we volunteer for, not like we get paid) to attempt to keep the forum running by the ToS of our AutoGuide owners.

·
I simply cannot abide useless people.
2006 2.5i and 2002 3.0 wagons.
12,305 Posts
I take it you have never run a forum. :)

·
Registered
03 H6 OBW & 06 WRX Sportwagon
17,572 Posts
of COURSE it's at the 'whim' of the moderator.

if it weren't, it would be at the 'whim' of some programmer creating an automated way to achieve 'moderation' of a forum.

even 'criteria' are subject to endless debate.

I have no complaints about moderation here. If i ever do feel it's unreasonable, I'll leave.

BTW - there's still a subaru group on Usenet. unmoderated

·
SubaruOutback.org Founder
2018 Outback Limited 2.5L - 105,000+ miles
5,122 Posts
HBOB or Hunny Bunny, whatever you're calling yourself nowadays, the rules are for the members to follow and the administrators and moderators are the ones who run things not the members. You wouldn't be the first to wordsmith and play semantics trying to get the rules to cater to your own desires, allow me to tell you before you get ahead of yourself that if you don't like how this site operates than I would suggest that you find another site to participate in.

We have received next to no complaints in our nearly 9 years of operation and long time members such as 1 Lucky Texan would likely tell you that this is one of the most well moderated sites on the internet. So if you don't like things here please go try your hand over at NABISCO or elsewhere, thanks and have a nice day :)

·
Registered
2,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the explanation. Perhaps future confusion could be alleviated if a mod locks or closes a thread rather than deleting it.
Many thanks and appreciation to the mods/admins for doing a great job.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts