Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
Please forgive me, I'm new to any type of car forum, so I hope I'll receive some helpful advice here. I'm trying to track down my blue 2004 Impreza RS, which I foolishly sold when the engine died. I replaced it with a 2011 model, but it's just not the same as my old gal! I'd absolutely love to get the car back.

I have the VIN and Title # and I've seen a CarFax report that indicates it is in Carrboro, NC area since May 2012. Does anyone have advice on how I could track down the owner? DMV would not give out any information.

Thank you in advance for any help you can offer!

Rebecca

·
Registered
154 Posts
I would hope that information is unavailable. You're saying that you're "stalking" the car, but you could just as well be "stalking" the owner.

·
Registered
Somebody Else's XT
14,437 Posts
I'm sure they made more than one that year.

Have you considered the idea that almost any way you could find the car and current owner is fairly public? This means that it is very likely that if the current owner learns of your interest at all, he or she will have a very powerful position in negotiating the price. Are you prepared to pay a premium to get it back?

You may do a lot better just finding another clean RS.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts