Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed the seat back protector in my '11 OB today. It was a very easy job for the most part and I had no difficulties.

However, I didn't realize that when you put the seatbacks up, the lower portion of the protector bows/folds up by design. The problem is that I also have a cargo tray with its front edge overlaying that part of the protector, so when it bows up it interferes with the front lip of the tray.

Since everything's flexible this isn't hurting anything, but it does warp the tray or push it up in that area and just doesn't look good. I was almost wondering if they've redesigned the cargo tray piece recently so it's more compatible with the seatback protectors.

Anyone else observed this or come up with a solution?

·
Registered
91 Posts
I installed the seat back protector in my '11 OB today. It was a very easy job for the most part and I had no difficulties.

However, I didn't realize that when you put the seatbacks up, the lower portion of the protector bows/folds up by design. ...

Anyone else observed this or come up with a solution?
Lower your seat backs back down and this time put your hand on the ribbed part of the RSBP that is folding up on you and push down as you raise the seat back up again. I think you will see where this part of the RSBP should really be going (downward) and that it will now be out of the way of your cargo tray.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Lower your seat backs back down and this time put your hand on the ribbed part of the RSBP that is folding up on you and push down as you raise the seat back up again. I think you will see where this part of the RSBP should really be going (downward) and that it will now be out of the way of your cargo tray.
OK, thanks, I see now. Maybe it will loosen up and conform better with use. Unfortunately, it's gotten cold here recently which doesn't help. It would also be nice if they had a way to secure the rear edge of the RSBP a bit better (the velcro pulls loose too easily).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
gordonwd
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing