Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! My parents just bought me a brand new 2005 Outback. But here's my question. I am looking for seat covers and floor mats to protect the interior, as I have a service dog that travels with me everywhere. Does anyone know if Subaru, or any co. for that matter, makes these accessories specially for my car. I have already tried universal covers but they do not fit the Outback. Just wondering if anyone knew. Thank you!

-Lauren-

·
Registered
2,730 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Seat covers will be tough to find. The airbags for side impact come out of the side of the front seats. You should not ever cover up that portion of the seat. I took a look at it and don't think you'll find anything that would work. If you do, let us know.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
I can reccomend this for your dog.
http://www.duluthtrading.com/items/67354+KHA.asp

Finally, a solution to muddy paws on the backseat. Scout's Backseat Hammock buckles to front and backseat headrests or baby seat latches to create a dirt, water, stain and odor-resistant dog bed in the backseat. Keeps seats clean and damage free, gives your pet a place to lie down after a visit to the dog park. Also keeps dogs from falling on the floor when you hit the brakes. Made of tough 1000-denier nylon, the same material as in our Scout-proof™ dog beds. Four adjustable web straps keep hammock in place. Fold it in half and it works on the front seat too. Available in khaki and navy. 54"L x 56"W. Made in USA.

My brother has one for his dogs in his Toyota Land Cruiser. It works great front seat or back.

I can reccomend the Suby black rubber floor mats. While they don't cover the "sides" of the footwells, they do a great job on the main carpet area.

·
Superb Moderator, ,
6,194 Posts
Hello Lauren. Many styles/prices of seat covers out there. My wife and I bought a universal one from Cabela's for the back seat for her Baja...

And I have a full set of nice covers for my OBS. But they are custom and cost a whole lot more and are woven fabric. The universal one there is like a strong canvas and is quite pet proof. Brian

Cabelas

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hi Lauren, and welcome to the board. I hope you find the accessories you need for your canine helper. Like Sly said, the floor and cargo mats are readliy available from the dealer. Random has a great suggestion for dog transport. I've never seen that before. That's neat!

Your parents are pretty cool to buy you a new OB! Tell us what kind you got. We need details!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
6 Participants
Chuck134
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing